Re: Please accept new typo3 packages into testing

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 10:06:23PM +0100, Christian Welzel wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2006 15:22 schrieben Sie:

> > I'm not really happy to approve this package, there are a lot of changes
> > to debian/patches/01-defaults.dpatch which are not document in the
> > changelog. Please either remove them or explain them in the changelog of
> > a new upload.

> I removed these unnecessary changes and let a new version
> uploaded by my sponsor.

In fact, there are quite a number of changes to apache.conf which are
unnecessary (options that are commented out in the diff), and at least one
that's absolutely wrong:

+          php_admin_value sendmail_path /var/lib/typo3-dummy/execdir/

sendmail_path is supposed to be a path to a *binary*, not to the directory
containing it.

Finding this bug, and seeing no bug numbers mentioned at all in the
changelog, I am not willing to allow this changeset in via t-p-u even with a
fix for the above bug, because I'm not confident that there are no other
bugs and the diff does not lend itself to a thorough review because the
impact of the changes is clearly not local to the diff and perhaps not even
local to the package.

The changelog is also an inadequate description of the individual changes
made in the package.