Re: initrd-tools?

On Friday 22 December 2006 07:13, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Noah Meyerhans said:
> What can I do to help?  Upload a dummy initrd-tools package?  NMU glibc
> with this change reverted?  Something else?  This really will be a show
> stopper for most people.

Including initrd-tools_0.1.84.1_all.deb in Etch fixes the problem and
does not cause any problems.  We've been including it manually and it
works fine.  However Debian release protocol prefers a very serious
distro-wide problem to a harmless but technically RC problem.  The bug
is really in the Debian release protocol, not a package.

Tetex/Texlive situation is similar.  There may be others.

--Mike Bird