Re: Very Large Package Set Upgrade, stage 1

Bill Allombert wrote:
> Dear release team,
>
> Please find the result of the first VLPSU I conduced.

> 3) the aptitude dist-upgrade output:
> <http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/upgrade/aptitude.dist-upgrade.1>
>
> The issue is that a lot of packages that are marked for removal that
> should not be removed by the upgrade.

In the case of aptitude most of the packages mentioned in the removal list
should be removed AFAICS. In any case it looks remarkably good in comparison
with the woody to sarge dist-upgrade!

Maybe the ones that should not be removed should be filtered out and filed as
(at least important?) bugs though?

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D