Re: release updates and the general audience

Hi,

* Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org) [060603 12:47]:
> If the release update is something significantly new and dedicated
> to the public instead of our own developers (and maybe testing users,
> prospective developers, interested users etc.) it may be discussable
> to send the update to debian-news instead.  I guess, however, that this
> would have to be decided on a per-issue basis.

Well, my experience is up to now that the journalists pick up every
release update anyways. So, I think we have to accept that they consider
it interesting enough, and try to make sure in our own interest that
they understand it correct. I was considering to make a "new release
update published"-mail that summarizes what happens, but with some other
focus for debian-news.

Cheers,
Andi
--