Re: About Xmame

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 20:10, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Why not?  I don't see any release-critical bugs open against this
> package.
>
> From a release standpoint, packages that don't contain RC bugs are not
> regarded as "really important".  If there is an RC issue with the
> existing xmame package, please document it in the BTS.

Well, at this point , you're certainly in the right, but which I mean is
that  the kind of bugs reported against xmame are:

- Users cannot play some games due the old version.

This is definitely bad. If you think, nobody is going to install a
package which cannot work completely as the new version.

- Problem with SuperH, specifically with Dreamcast(sh4).

I really think that xmame should support most architectures as Debian
does.

- SDL Support.

Many users hasn't another choice that use xmame with the SDL version to
use the fullscreen, or simply to run games.

Well, I know that xmame is not a important package, but is very used,
and I think that sarge shouldn't come with the xmame 0.74 if we have a
better one which solves this problems.

Respectfully,
--
Bruno Barrera C.