Re: remove lirc-svga from !i386 sarge

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 12:40:39AM +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:
> remove lirc/0.6.6-7

> lirc-svga hasn't been build fromm lirc sources for a while
> for any other arch than i386, so it should be removed from sarge
> to let the newer lirc in.

> We have RC bug in lirc, but the reporter doesnt seem to be intrested
> enough on his report to provide more information to reproduce the bug.
> Since the old version had a RC bug as well, lirc should still migrate
> to testing once old lirc-svga packages are gone.

Your subject and body don't seem to agree with one another.  Are you
asking for the removal of the package from testing entirely, or are you
asking for a cleanup of the stale !i386 binaries of lirc-svga?

We can address the former issue for you, but the latter has to be
handled by an ftpmaster following up on the already-filed #260565.

Removing the current package from testing won't help getting the new
package in.  The issue with out-of-date binaries needs to be sorted out
in unstable before the package is considered for testing.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer