e2fsprogs bugfix release

Hi release people,

A new bugfix release of e2fsprofs is out.  I'm not closely following
the freeze issues, so I wonder whether it is still time to get it in.

I copy the relevant parts of the release notes (removing doc and build
updates).  The 1st item looks like important enough to upgrade, but I
don't want to upload 1.25 in sid before woody is released, for reasons
I already exposed on this list.

Please some release mananger (aj ?) give me either green or red light.

E2fsprogs 1.25 (September 20, 2001)
===================================

This is primarily a bug-fix release; no new features were added, but
there are a number of embarassing bug fixes and cleanups applied.

Fix a bug mke2fs which causes stack garbage to be written to disk when
zapping disk sectors.  (This bug could cause mke2fs to core dump for
some kernels, I suspect with security enhancement patches.)

Remove unneeded #include of <linux/config.h> which was breaking
building e2fsprogs on the Hurd.  (Addresses Debian bug #112414.)

[...]

E2fsck will now not fall back to an alternate superblock if the user
specifies the superblock location explicitly on the command-line.
This allows easier recovery from a situation where the primary
superblock and block groups are slightly corrupted, but the backup
superblocks are completely broken.

[...]

We are now more paranoid about checking the entry in /etc/mtab to make
sure the filesystem is really mounted, since some broken distributions
(read: Slackware) don't initialize /etc/mtab before checking non-root
filesystems.  (Slackware also doesn't check the root filesystem
separately, and reboot if the root filesystem had changes applied to
it, which is dangerous and broken, but there's nothing I can do about
that.)

Make UUID library C++ friendly by adding appropriate extern "C"
declarations and using const in the function declarations.

[...]

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
Debian-related: <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: