Re: 2.2rev3 CDs (was Re: Stable Release plan)

"J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:

> Sorry for having been this silent. In the past few days I've spent
> many hours on getting debian-cd ready for 2.2 rev3 (issues you
> mentioned, updated/ redesigned README (matching www.d.o but actually
> better code) and the long-promised "make-a-useful-CD1" project which
> involved lots of test runs and a new unexclude feature). I'm mostly
> finished now, a few things still need some tweaking, then I'll leave
> it to Phil to generate the new .iso's.

Fair enough --- I'll get on to it later this evening, when I get home.

> The unexclude will be used to move any number of kernel sources to
> CDx, x>=2; the source of only 2.2.19 will be on CD1. However because
> we currently have 10 (!!) kernel sources in potato, it looks like
> we're going to have a 4th CD with only 15MB on it. So, unless anyone
> objects, I think we'd better NOT have the sources of 2.2.10 and
> possibly 2.2.12 on any CD (which still leaves us 2.2.13, 2.2.15,
> 2.2.17, 2.2.18pre21, 2.2.18, 2.2.19pre17 and 2.2.19 -- and 2.0.36,
> 2.0.38 of course).

Sounds like a good plan.  Although I expect that means that it will
take several attempts to get them to fit, since this always seems to
be the case if you try to fill CDs to the limit :-/

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!   http://petition.eurolinux.org/

Philip Hands.  +44 (0)20 7744 6244  philip.hands@uk.alcove.com