Re: RFS: r-cran-partitions (NEW)

Hi again, Doug,

On 9/29/21 4:59 PM, Torrance, Douglas wrote:
>> I'm also interested in this package (well, partitions are interesting always) will you
>> allow me to add myself to uploaders along with you?
>
> Please do!

I happened to notice that you added a uversionmangle rule to convert "1.10-2" to "1.10.2"
this is not good, we are not supposed to convert hyphenations into "." for R packages,
as this goes counter-productive, for managing dependencies etc.
There has been a consensus on this already in the team.

We are supposed to take versions as-is with hyphenations, and let debhelper do its job.
If you agree, please ask for a reject, fix the version and I'll re-upload.

I also noticed that similar thing has been done in r-cran-sets and r-cran-orthopolynom. But I guess
its a bit too late unfortunately to change them :/
So probably you need to add an epoch at some point in time for these.

Nilesh