Re: R 4.0.0 coming in four weeks

Hi all,

Le ven. 27 mars 2020 à 20:09, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> a écrit :

> The preparations for R 4.0.0 have started. Peter Dalgaard, upstream's release
> manager, cut the first alpha release today.  The detailed plan is as always
> available [1] (and has been for a bit). As always, there is a long and
> impressive list of changes [2].
>
> We have four weeks until April 24 when it will be released.

Bioconductor 3.11 is planned to be released on April 28 [1]. In
addition to the r-api-4.0 migration, we will have in parallel to deal
with the migration from r-api-bioc-3.10 to r-api-bioc-3.11. Due to the
changes in R 4.0.0, packages from the previous Bioconductor (i.e.
3.10) are probably not compatible. So, I guess between April 24 and
28, we should not focus to rebuild on Bioconductor packages as we will
have to update them 4 days later.

Best,
Dylan

[1] https://bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/