[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#585824: marked as done (KDE no longer works)

Your message dated Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:41:38 +0300
with message-id <201006142341.39247.modestas@vainius.eu>
and subject line Re: Bug#585824: Acknowledgement (KDE no longer works)
has caused the Debian Bug report #585824,
regarding KDE no longer works
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@bugs.debian.org

585824: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=585824
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: kde
Version: kde-desktop
Severity: grave
Tags: squeeze
Justification: renders package unusable

After installing the latest upgrades to Squeeze, I have lost my KDE desktop. While KDE starts, I have no taskbar nor menus. The desktop does not respond to clicks or mouse moves of any kind.

I did note that at least one application (iceweasel) seems to have started so it looks like the session is being restored. However I can't do anything.

I tried creating a new user account and logging in to it, but again failed to get a working KDE desktop. I also tried purging and reinstalling but with no luck there either.

I have temporarily switched to Gnome to be able to use my computer.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_CA.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_CA.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

On pirmadienis 14 Birželis 2010 21:40:22 Gary Dale wrote:
> On 14/06/10 01:25 PM, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 
> > On pirmadienis 14 Birželis 2010 16:57:57 Gary Dale wrote:
> >> This morning's updates have restored limited functionality to my KDE
> >> desktop. I now get a short menu with a right-click that allows me to run
> >> commands. However I do not get the kicker/kickoff bar or the applets
> >> that allow me to do things like switch pages.
> > 
> > The original problem should no longer be there if you have libkdecore5 at
> > 4:4.4.4-1 (check with `dpkg -l libkdecore5`). However, plasma-desktop
> > config files might be corrupt due to previous breakage. Try removing
> > them (might result in some data loss, you may want to backup them
> > first):
> > 
> > $ rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop*
> I mv'd the files rather than rm'ng them. That did the trick. Thanks!


Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

--- End Message ---

Reply to: