Your message dated Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:30:59 -0300 with message-id <email@example.com> and subject line Closing as old. has caused the Debian Bug report #479991, regarding korganizer: bad dependency version to be marked as done. This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with. If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith. (NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.) -- 479991: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=479991 Debian Bug Tracking System Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: korganizer: bad dependency version
- From: Marcos Daniel Marado Torres <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 12:21:46 +0100
- Message-id: <20080507112146.29423.77479.reportbug@Thule>Package: korganizer Version: 4:3.5.5.dfsg.1-6 Severity: important Hi there, My korganizer does not start: $ korganizer korganizer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkorganizer_calendar.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZThn48_N4KCal8Calendar16incidenceUpdatedEPNS_13IncidenceBaseE The problem is that korganizer depends on libkcal2b, but the dependency should be stricter: At this moment: etch: korganizer 4:3.5.5.dfsg.1-6, depends on libkcal2b (>= 4:3.5.5) lenny: korganizer 4:3.5.9-2, depends on libkcal2b (>= 4:3.5.9) The problem here is that korganizer 3.5.5* needs libkcal2b 3.5.5*, and korganizer 3.5.9* needs libkcal2b 3.5.9*. With just a >= like we have now, it is possible to get (as I did) a version of libkcal2b more recent than it should to work with the installed version of korganizer... -- System Information: Debian Release: 4.0 APT prefers proposed-updates APT policy: (500, 'proposed-updates'), (500, 'stable') Architecture: i386 (i686) Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash Kernel: Linux 2.6.24-1-686 Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968) Versions of packages korganizer depends on: ii kdelibs4c2a 4:3.5.8.dfsg.1-7 core libraries and binaries for al ii libart-2.0-2 2.3.19-3 Library of functions for 2D graphi ii libaudio2 1.8-4 The Network Audio System (NAS). (s ii libc6 2.7-6 GNU C Library: Shared libraries ii libfontconfig1 2.4.2-1.2 generic font configuration library ii libfreetype6 2.3.5-1+b1 FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib ii libgcc1 1:4.2.2-3 GCC support library ii libice6 1:1.0.1-2 X11 Inter-Client Exchange library ii libidn11 0.6.5-1 GNU libidn library, implementation ii libjpeg62 6b-13 The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG ii libkcal2b 4:3.5.8-1 KDE calendaring library ii libkdepim1a 4:3.5.8-1 KDE PIM library ii libkpimexchange1 4:3.5.5.dfsg.1-6 KDE PIM Exchange library ii libkpimidentities1 4:3.5.5.dfsg.1-6 KDE PIM user identity information ii libpng12-0 1.2.15~beta5-1 PNG library - runtime ii libqt3-mt 3:3.3.7-4etch2 Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime v ii libsm6 1:1.0.1-3 X11 Session Management library ii libstdc++6 4.2.2-3 The GNU Standard C++ Library v3 ii libx11-6 2:1.0.3-7 X11 client-side library ii libxcursor1 1.1.7-4 X cursor management library ii libxext6 1:1.0.3-2 X11 miscellaneous extension librar ii libxft2 18.104.22.168-8 FreeType-based font drawing librar ii libxi6 1:1.0.1-4 X11 Input extension library ii libxinerama1 1:1.0.1-4.1 X11 Xinerama extension library ii libxrandr2 2:1.2.2-1 X11 RandR extension library ii libxrender1 1:0.9.1-3 X Rendering Extension client libra ii libxt6 1:1.0.2-2 X11 toolkit intrinsics library ii perl 5.8.8-12 Larry Wall's Practical Extraction ii zlib1g 1:22.214.171.124.dfsg-6 compression library - runtime Versions of packages korganizer recommends: ii kghostview 4:3.5.5-3etch2 PostScript viewer for KDE -- no debconf information
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Closing as old.
- From: Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:30:59 -0300
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>Considering that Etch is oldstable and that the current stable release (Lenny) complies with the dependencies, I am closing this bug. Regards, Lisandro. -- Without us [Free Software developers], people would study computer science and programming without ever having seen a real program in its entirety. That's like becoming writers without ever having read a complete book. Matthias Ettrich, founder of the KDE project. http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/25412/news.htm Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer http://perezmeyer.com.ar/ http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
--- End Message ---