Re: ubuntu digikam no longer requires libgphoto-2-2-dev

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 05:39:20PM +0100, Mark Purcell wrote:
> Luka,
>
> I see from the ubuntu changelog for digikam that you claim that you no longer
> need the libgphoto .la files due to the difference in the way the Kubuntu KDE
> has been built.
>
> I can confirm I am still having this problem in Debian with the 0.9.2 final
> release package.
>
> Can you provide some details so we can get this fixed in Debian?

I've not looked into this myself, but there's nothing I know of that
Ubuntu does which should make any difference.  I asked Matthias Klose
who suggested Ubuntu might happen to have a reference to the gphoto.so
file which Debian doesn't.  I can see in /usr/lib/libdigikam.la
dependency_libs='.../usr/lib/libgphoto2.la /usr/lib/libexif.la
/usr/lib/libgphoto2_port.la...' but I have neither of those files
installed so I'm at a bit of a loss what the difference could be.

Jonathan