Debian menu and kmenuedit

reassign 254948 kdelibs-data
tags 254948 patch
thanks a lot

Hello KDE maintainers,

The file /etc/xdg/menus/kde-applications.menu
include the following lines near the end.

        <MergeFile>applications-kmenuedit.menu</MergeFile>
        <Menu>
                <Name>Debian</Name>
                <Directory>debian.directory</Directory>
                <MergeFile>debian-menu.menu</MergeFile>
        </Menu>

For proper operation of kmenuedit, this need to be inverted:

        <Menu>
                <Name>Debian</Name>
                <Directory>debian.directory</Directory>
                <MergeFile>debian-menu.menu</MergeFile>
        </Menu>
        <MergeFile>applications-kmenuedit.menu</MergeFile>

This way kmenuedit removals take precedence over Debian menu additions.

To the submitter: with this little change, I have checked
-- removal of a menu entry part of the Debian menu
-- change to a menu entry part of the Debian menu
-- addition of a menu entry inside the Debian menu

and they all work, so I am confident this would fix the bug.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.