Re: Announcing the availability of first Qt 3.3 packages

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 08:25:02PM +0200, Dominique Devriese wrote:
-snip-
> About the issues we were discussing:
>
> * get rid of non-mt packages
>   -> Could save quite some buildd time, but might upset some people
>      still depending on it.  I wouldn't do it yet for Qt 3.0
>      personally.

This is probably not a big deal if the remaining two packages could be
fixed and could save a huge amount of time on the m68k buildds.

> * get rid of embedded stuff
>   -> prolly not a good idea, you seem to have changed your mind here
>      too or I misunderstood you in the first place.

Is this really needed in the qt-x11-free package there is also a qt3
embedded source that could generate these packages right?

> * get rid of libqt3-compat-headers
>   -> I disagreed, but Ben convinced me.

Yea, Ben's idea here seems good.

> * move a lot of dev stuff into one -dev package
>   -> Don't really like the idea, since it makes all people install
>   more stuff they don't need, and I still seem to miss the advantage.

Primary advantage is the removal of an arch all package in the dev
package chain, which helps packages to build.

Chris