Re: Mass svn-to-git migration - Progress report

On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 11:02:26PM +0200, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> The idea I had/have is to do the conversion and place them in a separate
> namespace/group, ready to be picked up by a prospective maintainer.
>
> I've now created a group for that on Salsa under which the converted repos can
> be stored: https://salsa.debian.org/groups/alioth-to-salsa-migration-team (*)
>
> That way a prospective maintainer can use that as *a* source, but can also use
> other sources like f.e. "gbp import-dscs" to create/rewrite a/the proper (git)
> history to their liking for the to be adopted package before it gets placed in
> the 'normal' Salsa structure.

This is all fine and dandy, but one matter that doesn't seem to be
mentioned in anything I've read is how/if you are going to match the SVN
usernames with proper git-ready authorship information (i.e. email
addresses).

Did you prepare such matching list?  Like, I have a 111 lines authors
file that I used in the past for some conversions I did (coming from the
debian-med team, fwiw), but I'm sure that if you are going to properly
convert collab-maint you'll need quite a longer list.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :