Re: Getting rid of 1.0 with dpatch/quilt/direct changes (Was: Debian Trends updated)

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 04:15:45PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > IMHO, they aren't "wrong" or "inherently bad", but I believe keeping
> > them that way is more of technical debt than anything else.
>
> right, so the severity of these bugs should be wishlist or maybe normal,
> but I don't think important would be justified, and serious seriously not.

Yes, totally.  I don't think anybody ever talked about the severity of
any such bugs, did they? :)  Please don't overthink, within these
threads nobody has yet to "threaten" maintainers or anything else.

I also disagree with the nuance of "decide that we no longer want to
accept some packaging practices" in general in the scope of the "smell"
and "trends", as all of them really are only about best practices and
consolidation from my point of view.  I just would love to get rid of
special cases as much as possible when they are not needed.

> Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.
> (Bertolt Brecht)

See, your signature agrees ↑↑↑ ;P

--
regards,