Re: Kanban / Scrumboard view of BTS activity?

On 30/01/18 22:28, Matthieu Caneill wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 06:57:38PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> The PyQt GUI client I proposed could be modularized: the back-end code
>> for talking to the BTS could be run on client side but it could also be
>> run in a Python Flask application with a web front-end.  Would that go
>> some way towards what you want?
>
> I think most users would prefer using a web-based application, rather
> than installing a GUI. Having both is always nicer, but might be too
> much for a GSoC. But then it depends what it does exactly and the
> complexity of its interactions with the BTS and friends.

Asking the student to make it read-only to begin with might be one way
to ensure something useful is delivered within the project timeline.

The most advanced students would do that in the first 2 weeks and then
make more interesting features.  Other students might spend the first 6
weeks just doing the read-only version.

Regards,

Daniel