Re: Access to UDD Git for guest (Was: [GSoC] Adding information to UDD and inject the rendering to tasks,py)

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can a GSoC student who needs to do some work on UDDs Blends
> tables get access to collab-qa/udd.git.  I assumed that
>
>   https://wiki.debian.org/CollaborativeMaintenance#Access_control_layer
>
> should answer this question but its just a circular link in this
> paragraph. :-(

ACL aren't solution for everything...
Also that page is about collab-maint...

> On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 02:11:23PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
>> I cloned the git repo, using:
>>    git clone git://git.debian.org/collab-qa/udd.git  udd.debian.org
>> as I did not have the permission to ssh.

SSH on is granted once a person is part of at least one project (or at
least this is want I understand time ago) and that person add an SSH
key his alioth profile.
Once a person has SSH access he could clone whatever he want (and it's o+r).

If he need rw access to that repo, then follow the usual way: let him
into https://alioth.debian.org/projects/collab-qa/

otherwise clone the repo somewhere and ask someone inside that group
(maybe also lucal, who maitain UDD?) to pull (that thing called "pull
request")

--
regards,
Mattia Rizzolo