Re: Proposal for GSoC project [PTS rewrite in Django]

Hi Pankaj,

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013, Pankaj Kumar Sharma wrote:
> I have made a rough proposal for the project
> <https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects#PTS_rewrite_in_Django>and
> wish to share the proposal here to get some feedbacks. The link of my draft
> proposal (in google doc) is:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p7nhbv_eZ8mdk1X5PNmPIOi0Mt8ZSuoPaGIN6xd9XTI
>
> I have tried my best to keep the proposal as per the template provided by
> Debian and to include all the ideas that I had and was provided by the
> members of the community.

A few comments:

- there's too much content copied straight from what we wrote (either in
  the proposal or in subsequent replies). Please reword stuff with your
  own words to prove that you have understood what we told you.

- can you find other benefits for Debian ? having "live data" is good but
  it's really not all what this is about. (re-read the project description
  and see if you can find other "problems" of the current implementation
  that this rewrite should fix)

- feel free to add more details about some of the "challenges" in this
  rewrite

- IMO the schedule gives much too much weight on the mail part which is
  rather small compared to the web part (given that you already did one
  third of it as an exercise...). Thus I would suggest to start with the
  mail part and use the rest for the web part (so that any remaining time
  can be used to implement new features on the web part).

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/