Re: Supporting semantic formats for meta-data would be interesting - Was: Re: [GSoC] Using a messaging system to interface the different parts of Debian infrastructure

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:20:43AM +0200, Simon Chopin wrote:
> While I like the idea of semantics in the data, if I receive a message
> from dak saying that apache2 has been uploaded, I don't expect it to
> contain anything else than the name of the package for the simple reason
> that it's pretty much all dak knows about it at the time of the upload.

+1

The reference universe of "Debian source packages" (at any given point
in time) is entirely well defined within Debian.  If external sources
need to clarify that the package name is specific to Debian, then it
should be up to them to add the appropriate (URI) prefix.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .