Re: Is USTB info necessary?

Hi,

On 31/03/13 at 17:12 +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Just a question in Maintainer Dashboard "Ubuntu" tag page, it has
>  "stable" information (USTB in source), What is a intention for it?
>  Usually I pick up the information for only Ubuntu -devel version,
>  so is there any useful info/usage with USTB?

I think there a two use-cases for the Ubuntu tab (the same applies to
the Versions tab):
- informational use-case: "what's the version of this package in
  Ubuntu? (would it be useful to provide a backport?)"
- TODO-list use-case: "what are the packages with something interesting
  (bugs, patches, diff version...)?"

Actually, by hiding packages with the same version in raring and sid, we
are breaking the "informational" use case.
Ideally, we could solve that by having two "views": on for the
informational use case, the other one for the TODO-list use case.

Lucas