Re: quality assurance for games

On Sat, 24. Nov 08:49 Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 08:50:04AM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> > Therefore the idea was to track orphaned games, to find out if someone is
> > interested in maintaining them within the team and if not to remove the package.
>
> It is not clear to me what you mean by "to track ... to find out ...".  Aren't
> orphaned packages already "tracked" in Debian ? Can't anyone interested already
> find them there ?

Let's say there are 20 games which have been orphaned. Five of them have been
orphaned by the Games Team. There was consensus to remove these packages
if nobody would adopt them after three months. Three years later the
status is still "orphaned" but the packages were not removed.

People join a team and leave it again. I thought why not keep track of
decisions from the past and act accordingly.

The other idea was to scout for orphaned games which were not maintained
by the team and to track their status in the BTS and eventually adopt
them as a team and not as a single maintainer.

> > Besides the idea stemmed from the fact that some of those packages were orphaned
> > by the Games Team and that they should have been removed already three years ago.
> >

> I guess nobody so far has found the time and interest to submit RM bugs for
> them.

Exactly. Or they have been forgotten about it. Hence tracking (internally) ;)

Regards,

Markus