Re: DM going MIA

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 09:50:22PM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> Hi, a couple of quick questions :)
>
> Do we have a procedure already for DM going MIA? From the MIA side it
> is easy to orphan their packages, but what about removing the key from
> the keyring?
>
> Is the annual ping procedure being used at all? I have seen some DMs
> have filed a bug against the pseudo-package "debian-maintainers" with
> their ping, but we have a lot of DMs who haven't.

keyring-maint do key removals based on instructions from DAM/the DM
team, or signed mails from the key owners themselves (eg retiring mails
to -private). We don't make any decisions about removing an inactive key
ourselves, though have been known to send lists of suggestions to the
MIA team for examination.

J.

--
It's ten o'clock; do you know where your processes are?