Re: Debian QA meeting in Paris (March 18-20) ??

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 03:40:17PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 10:14:37AM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 07:34:59PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> >
> > > the debian QA meeting will take place March 18 to 20 at Irill in Paris.
>
> > During FOSDEM we had discussed the planned QA meeting, and in fact we (Lucas
> > and me) are a bit worried. The reason is that only 1 one of the 4 planned
> > non-local participants has entered his travel details as demanded. Also,
> > the number of participants is quite low compared to the numbers we had
>
> after discussion with Lucas about the planned attendance to the
> QA meeeting in Paris we decided to cancel the meeting. It seems to
> us that there is not sufficient momentum to have a full meeting. We
> think that it will be more efficient when people who are interested
> in particular coorporation projects do so by direct collaboration.

Sorry for only answering now!

I appreciate the effort you guys have put into this and while I actually
hate seeing the idea of a QA meeting not being implemented, I understand
the reasoning. Obviously, I am part of the reason why it didn't happen
since I didn't speak up earlier or renewd my intention to attend. On the
other hand, I don't think my knowledge and work are worth a meeting, so
if I had given the relevant 'yes' to make it happen, it wouldn't have
been the needed 'yes'. Aynways, thanks for planning everything and maybe
it works out next time.

> Sorry -Ralf.

Me too. Hauke

--