Re: List of file permissions in all packges?

Hi Stefan,

On Montag, 7. März 2011, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> According to #431821, piuparts can already list the files created by a
> package. Is this information stored somewhere on puiparts.d.o?

no. it's been thrown away after testing. there is an option ("-B") though to
keep this metadata though, but without looking at the code I'm not sure
_when_ it saves the metadata, I believe after creating the basic chroot.

So I believe you would need to extend piuparts to save the metadata _after_
installing the package, which should be trivial. (Look at how the -B and -S
options are implemented and then add another...)

And then you could/would need to run piuparts on the whole archive :)

> Does it
> also include the file permissions?

Yes, I think so.

> PS: Please cc me, I am not subscribed

cheers,
	Holger

P.S.: the logrotate issue I'm aware of from a QA perspective is #582630