Re: Debian QA meeting ?

On 03/11/10 at 12:18 +0100, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 11:04:22PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > >
> > > Please make it very close to FOSDEM so folks in other continents could
> > > plan a trip to both events.
> >
> > Well, it can't be both very close to FOSDEM and during a week-end, as
> > FOSDEM *is* during a week-end. Personally, I've the impression that
> > people will be more likely to attend if it's during a week-end and, at
> > the same time, I doubt doing it in two week-ends one after the other is
> > a good idea (due to, say, family/friend reasons).
>
> +1
>
> > All that considered, reasonable dates could be January 29th-30th,
> > February 12nd-13rd, February 19th-20th, and February 26th-27th. Unless
> > there are alternative proposals, I suggest polling about those options.
>
> Also interesting to talk about beforehand would be the topics of such
> meeting. There might be things to discuss I'd be willing to travel for.
> Does anyone have a plan already, or a list of ideas, or anything?

It would be great to make progress on the handling of orphaned packages.
And the start of a release cycle is the perfect time for that.
We could decide on a process, implement the needed tools (like, improve
bapase), and process many packages.

I'm also looking for someone willing to take over the archive rebuilds +
installation testing stuff. I could have a hands-on session with someone
to transfer the knowledge.

Lucas