Re: UDD and DEHS (Was: Please provide a simple example)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

Are you interested in DEHS (whether a given package is up-to-date or
not), or in the raw debian/watch content?

I think two fields of information are needed:

    boolean  is_up_to_date
    text     upstream_version

from packages table if you have
   package, version  .
I would like to know what degree of normalisation you might have in mind.

It depends on your data source. I'm not familiar with DDTP. If (package,
version) is enough as a primary key, let's just use that.

It should be enough - but I'll verify with DDTP people.

component is main, contrib, or non-free for Debian.

Sure.  But DDTP translates *only* descriptions of packages in main.
But if we use the package,version key this question is void anyway.

Sure, see http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/collab-qa/udd/udd/. The lintian,
debtags and popcon importers are good & simple examples.

OK, I think I'll start with a suggestion for

    http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.822

and sort out things for DDTP in parallel with debian-i18n.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de