Re: Denemo 0.8.10-1

Il giorno ven, 06/11/2009 alle 15.42 +0100, Jan Hauke Rahm ha scritto:
> Hi Pietro,
>
> thanks for your QA work!
>
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 11:32:13AM +0100, Pietro Battiston wrote:
> > I packaged the last upstream version of the recently orphaned package
> > denemo.
> >
> > You can find the .dsc at
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/denemo/denemo_0.8.10-1.dsc
> >
> > The package is lintian (-i) clean.
>
> Almost but it's okay. :)

Mmmh... now I see what you mean by "almost"... that annoying
"manpage-has-errors-from-man". I really can't understand where it comes
from, since
1) I'm sure I _had_ tested with lintian -i (possibly before updating the
system...)
2) my sponsor himself had tested 0.8.8-1 with lintian -i, and in the
meanwhile the man pages were not changed
3) the command suggested to check the errors,
   LANG=C MANWIDTH=80 man --warnings -l manpage-file >/dev/null
   , gives absolutely none.

Now: I don't pretend being a packaging neither a man guru... but
couldn't it just be
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=555330 ?

> > It's the first time I try to submit a QA upload: please let me know if
> > there is something particular that must be done (my changelog and
> > control should comply with the documentation I found, but I don't know
> > if I missed anything).
>
> The package looks good, thanks! A short grep through the files, howver,
> showed thst at least a few files aren't covered by debian/copyright
> properly. Would you mind checking that? A short (unreliable) check
> shows:
>
> $ licensecheck -r * | grep -v UNKNOWN
> include/denemo/denemo_api.h: *No copyright* GPL (v2 or later)
> include/denemo/denemo_types.h: *No copyright* GPL (v2 or later)
> ltmain.sh: GPL (v2 or later)
> src/lyparser.c: GPL (v3 or later)
> src/lylexer.c: *No copyright* GENERATED FILE
> src/lyparser.h: GPL (v3 or later)
> src/pitchrecog.c: GPL (v2 or later) (with incorrect FSF address)
> src/audiocapture.c: MIT/X11 (BSD like)

Wow, now I know about Denemo copyright status more than the developers
themselves... and debian/copyright should finally be complete.

Pietro