Re: Self-assessment of the quality of the maintenance work

> The basic idea is quite simple, we want to ensure that each package is
> maintained as well as possible and for this we need to ensure that
> it has one or more active maintainer(s). Hence every X months, each
> maintainer receives a mail with a link to a web form where he'll have a
> list of all the packages that he maintains/co-maintains and for each
> package he has to answer several questions that explain his relationship
> with the package (the answer are preseeded with the values he selected
> the previous time so that he can quickly skim over it if nothing has
> changed):

That's going to be a lot of fairly mindless paperwork for someone who's
the member of a large, active team with a lot of packages.  For example, I
feel for Gregor Herrmann (253 packages) or Gunnar Wolf (187 packages)
having to fill this out for every package they uploaded for pkg-perl.