doubts about Lenny and available QA tools, release and security team, drivers
I am trying to answer some questions from Serpro , an interested
government agency that receive attention  from Debian Partners
- Expected release date for Lenny.
- How test/guarantee today high end hardware (SAN, blades
, etc) work fully with Lenny? Are there regression tests?
- How help Debian at this task of high end hw drivers?
- How much time takes a security patch to be issued?
- Are there regression tests to allow distro consistency of a
security fix backport to a VERY old version of a sw,
already outside of security team action scope? (Lets say, a
Pg 6.x on Lenny, unmaintained even at upstream. Please, do
not discuss the merit of this approach, as it is _their_ IT mgmt
problem to solve.) How release team verify distro consistency?
Could it be reproduced in house? Is a repackaging enough?
Could you point an url with the correct answers to these questions?
Andre Felipe Machado