Re: Oldlibs transitions, and some old packages.

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
Kumar Appaiah wrote:
Hope this helps. Also, in case you do file oldlib transition bugs,
please try to adhere to the usertags I have used, or tell me the bug
numbers, and I can usertag them.

Half a year ago I filed bugs against packages still using freetype1.
Several have been fixed by now, but I would appreciate if you or
someone else could follow up on the remaining ones:

Hmm, maybe I'm not totally understanding the issue here. Is the transition documented somewhere so I could do some more testing? w3cam for example b-ds libfreetype6-dev. ( BTW, it hasn't seen an upload since 2002 and I updated and posted to mentors).

#431780: w3cam: freetype1 deprecation
See above

#432195: vgrabbj: freetype1 deprecation
Not sure of the total issue here.

#431781: vflib3: freetype1 deprecation
#431782: vflib2: freetype1 deprecation
Should be removed from the archive but still has an rdepends for dvi2ps (see below).

#133170: libft-perl: Port to libfreetype6, libttf2 is now "old"
#432196: gfontview: freetype1 deprecation
Haven't looked at these two yet.

#431783: dvi2ps: freetype1 deprecation

I just sent a patch to build dvi2ps with vflib3 (#366031). It builds successfully but I fear it may still have some runtime issues due to the API (ABI?) changes. I don't think there are enough params getting passed to VF_OpenFont1().

Several of these are orphaned, so I'd also appreciate if members of
the QA group could look into fixing or removing the orphaned ones.

Cheers,
        Moritz

Thanks,

Barry deFreese