Re: Oldlibs transitions, and some old packages.

Regis Boudin wrote:
On Thu, December 20, 2007 09:29, Steve Langasek wrote:
(random rumbling:) libgtk1 has to die (and all it's requisites, like
glib1.2). would be very, very, very nice if this can be accomplished for
lenny.
And one of the reverse-deps of gtk+1.2 is wxwindows2.4, which takes up
about 5x as much archive space as gtk+1.2 itself does.  In light of the
thread on -devel, perhaps you'd care to take the lead on eliminating the
reverse-dependencies of wxwindows2.4?

After a quick look, the source packages build-depending on wxwindows2.4 are :

- ctsim, maintainer is also upstream
I've talk to Emmet on this one also. Apparently ctsim builds fine 2.6 but segfaults and he is having a hard time tracking down the source of the issue. I may try to get in touch with upstream.

- jugglemaster, first ever upload last month (!?)
He says this one needs several hours of work.

- newpki-client, last upload 2 years ago, 26 installs in popcon
Upstream is pretty dead. I have pinged the maintainer and he is going to try to contact upstream but they are pretty inactive. He doesn't have time to update the package so if someone is willing..

<snip>
Regis
Thanks,

Barry deFreese