Re: Oldlibs transitions, and some old packages.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

I am trying to help out by finding rdepends of packages in the oldlibs
section, and am hoping that cleaning up the oldlibs section could be
made a Lenny release goal (distant dream).

You should probably define "cleaning up oldlibs" more precisely.
I doubt that it is possible to remove oldlibs completely and thus
it would make sense to specify which old libraries should be
removed (as Lenny release goal).  In general I agree with your atempt.

Now, before I file the bugs, I check the package's PTS and BTS pages,

Ups, before you file bugs you should announce mass bug filing, right?
Moreover if you check BTS, please check that the actual bug is not
yet filed (hint: merge 456137 370822).

I also would like to vote for filing bugs as severity "wishlist"
because (as far as I know) there was not even a discussion rather
than a decision whether it is a release goal or not.

So nothing against your QA effort but I would think your action
was slightly to quick. ;-)

Kind regards and thanks anyway for detecting a potential problem

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de