Re: Oldlibs transitions, and some old packages.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 10:17:44AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> You should probably define "cleaning up oldlibs" more precisely.
> I doubt that it is possible to remove oldlibs completely and thus
> it would make sense to specify which old libraries should be
> removed (as Lenny release goal).  In general I agree with your atempt.

Thanks. I think I'll mail debian-devel and define the purpose clearly.

> Ups, before you file bugs you should announce mass bug filing, right?
> Moreover if you check BTS, please check that the actual bug is not
> yet filed (hint: merge 456137 370822).

Probably missed it. Sorry.

> I also would like to vote for filing bugs as severity "wishlist"
> because (as far as I know) there was not even a discussion rather
> than a decision whether it is a release goal or not.

Definitely. I am downgrading every one of them to wishlist for now.

> So nothing against your QA effort but I would think your action
> was slightly to quick. ;-)

Actually, too quick. But I guess this is my first attempt, so you can
pardon my errors. I shall abstain from filing any more, before I
clarify my point further.

> Kind regards and thanks anyway for detecting a potential problem

Thanks for the gentle warning.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,