Re: Remove groovy

Paul Wise wrote:
> Perhaps people on the debian-java list should be given the chance to
> adopt or fix groovy or give an opinion on it's usefulness? CCing them.

Groovy is emerging as an important new language for the Java platform, and
would be very useful to have in Debian. Of course the package must be
updated. I think we have all the dependencies so it should be possible.

> I'm also hoping icedtea will happen for lenny so maybe it will be able
> to move to main.

It may be possible to build with gcj. Maven could pose a bigger problem
though, but hopefully that can be solved for lenny.

Marcus