Re: URL convention to point to per-package lintian checks

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> Are you aware of having several external links pointing into
> lintian.debian.org beside the PTS? I guess beside the PTS and maybe
> personal DD's homepage there won't be many, but I might be utterly wrong
> of course.

I would have thought so, but maybe not.

> My main problem with the current naming scheme is that it is also open
> to clashes. If two maintainer names are different only for an accented
> letter they would clash into the very same page.  Given that, I'm not
> particularly enthusiastic in fixing the PTS wrt a naming scheme that I
> feel to be broken in that respect.
>
> If you like the email based approach I've mentioned in my former post
> and point please let me know, I would happy to contribute a patch for
> that.

I do, although I'd like to reorganize more than that too.  For example,
right now everything is written to one giant directory, which isn't a good
idea.  It would also be nice to have pages by package as well as by
maintainer, and it would be good to include packages for which one is an
uploader in one's personal report.