Re: Fun with the BTS and an SQL DB

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 08:27:16PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Yes, I was also surprised by the results. I'll try to generate some nice
> graphs with all those figures.

Actually I'm not that surprised. I'm thinking under the assumption that
*a lot* of debian packages are de facto orphaned, meaning that they were
packaged by people interested in having their toy packages in debian,
but which are actually not used by anyone else (and hence no bug has
been reported against them).

A way to check if I'm right of (hopefully) wrong would be to "weight"
the result using popcon results or even simply removing from the count
packages whose poocon installation count is under a given threshold (to
be determined ... do not ask me how :)).

I haven't followed the entire thread, are you able to join the BTS data
with popcon results using the current database?

BTW, thanks for your work!
Cheers.