Re: RFH: tsocks -- transparent network access through a SOCKS 4 or 5 proxy

Hello,

This is regarding RFH #387473 for the package "tsocks".

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> I am willing to be a co-maintainer for the "tsocks" package.

I have not heard from Tamas SZERB in response to this e-mail.

As regards the status of this package.

Bugs:
  Patches exist for #134729, #278906, #295568, #239025, #240429
  NMU has fixed #174209 (which should be acknowledged).

  The remaining bugs are minor/wishlist.

Upstream: Appears to be dormant; but package seems to be usable.

I have prepared a package that closes all except one wishlist bug.
It lists me as a co-maintainer. It can be found at

	http://www.imsc.res.in/~kapil/debian/tsocks/tsocks_1.8beta5-4.dsc
	or
	http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tsocks/tsocks_1.8beta5-4.dsc

It would be nice if the package could be uploaded (if only to the delayed
queue) by someone...

Thanks and regards,

Kapil.