Re: taking over a neglected RC-buggy package

Hello George,

>	Advice: I've been told to consult the QA team for advice and for formal MIA
> tracking. If the package is to be left in the cold, I'm ready to take it over
> adding myself to Uploaders:, while the original Maintainer: will remain as it
> is. Well, I'm still in the NM queue, so I'll need a sponsor also.

For the formal MIA tracking, you can contact mia@qa.debian.org . It is
detailed here:
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-beyond-pkging.en.html#s-mia-qa
They will (try to) followup with the maintainer and eventually orphan
the packages.

Until that time, you can of course fix the package in the form of NMU's.
I see that that is badly needed. I don't use shc myself, ideally you
find a sponsor that does. Maybe Roland Stigge, who has reported a few
bugs against the package, is interested?

Good luck and thanks for the effort!

Thijs