Re: List of 52 packages it would be nice to get rid of

Roberto C. Sanchez, 2006-05-25 16:12:15 -0400 :

> I think that gforge is a fairly important package, even if it has
> few installations.  Isn't gforge running on Alioth?  If so, that to
> me is reason enough to keep it in.  If Roland needs some help, I can
> probably help out starting in about a month or so.  I would hate to
> see a valuable package like gforge removed.

I would hate that too, although I see no point in keeping gforge in
testing in its current state (won't even install).

  To make things clear: yes, I have utterly neglected the gforge
package in the last nine months.  That was partly because I spent
three months traveling, but also because I've been preparing to change
jobs.  The good news is that I should be totally freelance in a bit
under four weeks, and my main domain of activity involves maintaining
Gforge installations, so I'll have both time and an incentive to bring
the package back into shape (and into etch).

  In the meantime, I'm right now working on a security upload.  I just
need to test and see how that is done.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Et c'est tellement plus mignon de se faire traiter de con en chanson...
  -- in En chantant (Michel Sardou)