Re: RM: oonsoo -- RoQA; orphaned for 500+ days, many alternatives

> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Matej Vela wrote:
>> retitle 275774 RM: oonsoo -- RoQA; orphaned for 500+ days, many alternatives
>> reassign 275774 ftp.debian.org
>> block 202764 by 275774
>> block 356098 by 275774
>
> Is this a new policy to block (RC) bug by the request of removal bug ?

It's just something I've started doing to make these bugs easier to
ignore on <http://bugs.debian.org/packages@qa.debian.org>.

> I find this rather strange ... why not simply CC the bug greports so
> that anyone trying to fix it will discover that the package is in the
> process of being removed ?

Blocking makes the removal bug visible from the summary.  If you find
it counter-intuitive, I can use a being-removed user tag...

Cheers,

Matej