Re: Bug reports for removed packages

Interesting Mail-Followup-To: setting...

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 09:27:24AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Hm, but just plainly closing is also not right.

Mmm, I wouldn't go that far. Closing them with a message that the packages
are no longer in Debian seems to be the desired behaviour here...

> Basically, there should be no reason to close any of the bug reports, as
> version tracking should be able to find out by its own that the package
> is gone. I don't know if that works.

I'm not convinced that bugs should disappear just because the package
they're filed against is removed from the archive; that would be a bad
thing both for libraries that get their soname bumped and for kernel
packages, I'd think.

Cheers,
aj