Re: Removing old orphaned packages?

Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> moria -- A roguelike game with an infinite dungeon [#274472]
>   * Orphaned 255 days ago
Really someone should be packaging the "new" GPL version.  The switch from
non-free to main will require it to go through NEW processing anyway, if
I'm not mistaken.  So I think the package should be removed from non-free
at this point; removing it will only make it *easier* for the new version
to be uploaded.

> pdfscreen -- Make PDF documents which are printable and readable on screen
> too [#214928]
>   * Orphaned 613 days ago
>   * Package orphaned > 360 days ago.
I'm tempted to pick this one up, but I think I won't.

> x-ttcidfont-conf -- Configure TrueType and CID fonts [#201376]
It would be good to understand what this actually does before removing
it....  Does it, for instance, allow TrueType fonts to be used from ancient
X programs?

--
This space intentionally left blank.