Re: hijacking libhtml-mason-perl

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 09:01:03PM +1000, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 07:15:19PM -0400, Charles Fry wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am an active user of the libhtml-mason-perl package, and am quite
> >interested in seeing it continue to progress in Debian.
> >
> >Unfortunately, as outlined in my [1]message to debian-qa in January, the
> >package appears to have been abandoned, and all attempts to contact the
> >package maintainer have failed.
> >
> >   1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2005/01/msg00079.html
>
> libtext-iconv-perl has had new upstreams releases available for some
> years. I'm taking it. I'll will package the latest usptream release
> soon.

Please be very careful with uploads of libtext-iconv-perl it is an
important package, changes may well affect debconf-i18n which depends
on libtext-iconv-perl. In particular, if any new version introduces an
API change, however small, you should warn the debconf maintainers
before uploading. If not you could end up with a _lot_ of unhappy
Debian users.

Thanks for taking this on,

Stephen Quinney