Re: [RFC] Software Process Improvement in Free Software, Closing the Quality Cycle, Inventing Non-Developer-Demotivating QA/QM/SPI

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 17:20 +0100, Thomas Schorpp wrote:
> > How does this address Fabian's concern that there's not enough
> > experience in the *Debian community.  Sure, there may be many qualit
> > managers with lots of experience in the companies you mentioned, but
> > how does that help Debian?
>
> I assumed there should be many people who are contributing to Linux in
> their free time, although hired.

Some are hired to do such work; I believe most are not. Finding out
would be an interesting subtask when attempting to map the possibilities
of developing the QA Team.

> > Please create a web site on your own machine and if we think it's
> > useful we can link to it or later move it to qa.d.o.
>
> Acknowlegded, thank You, I'll try to get affordable webspace somewhere.
> Sorry I've got no sufficent own resources here.

There are many places to get some free webspace. It's quite probable
that your ISP already provides some. Let me know if you can't find any,
I'll help you.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>