Re: 185 Packages that look orphaned

Il mer, 2004-01-28 alle 04:14, Goswin von Brederlow ha scritto:
> Emanuele Rocca <ema@debian.org> writes:
[...]
> > I am working on a QA upload for qmail-qfilter.
> > Actually qmail-sv, qmail-smtp-sv and qmail-pop3-sv are not orphaned.
> >
> > The problem here is that all these packages depends by qmail which
> > isn't present because it's not allowed to distribute it in compiled
> > form.
> >
> > What about making these packages Recommend qmail-src, perhaps giving
> > additional informations in README.Debian?
> >
> > This is what I thought to do with qmail-qfilter.

> Suggesting/Recommending qmail-src is a good idea.

Making qmail-qfilter simply Suggesting qmail-src (non-free) will allow
us to move it to main.

IMHO it should be kept in contrib with a qmail-src Recommends, since
"Suggests" is only used for packages that is perfectly reasonable to not
have installed; installing a package which is needed to filter mail with
spamassassin on a qmail server without qmail isn't reasonable.

For the same reason, this pacakge should not simply Suggest
spamassassin.

What's -qa opinion about that?

--
Emanuele Rocca - 1024D/EAF19B60