Re: MIA maintainer watch

* Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> [2003-12-30 22:23]:
> announced vacations from Debian (I haven't been able to find a way
> to look up whether people are).

Look at http://db.debian.org/ (but I wouldn't worry about this; if a
package hasn't been maintained for years, it's clear the maintainer is
not just on holidays.)

> Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
>   One upload (atari-fdisk) on 22 September 2003.  Three packages
> (atari-bootstrap, nvram, setsccserial) have RC bugs and were last
> uploaded in 1999.  His fifth and last package (svgalib-dummy) has been

I talked to him in September 2003 and he said most of his Atari related
packages are low maintenance and he wants to keep them.  But obviously
he doesn't even do the low maintenance that is required.  I wonder if
his uni work above still works and whether he actually sees the bugs.
I'll talk to him again.  However, the best thing really would be to
find another person interested in Atari.

> Luis Bustamante <luferbu@fluidsignal.com>
>   Has already orphaned or handed over primary maintainership of most of
> his packages.  Good for him!  However, he still retains maintainership
> of mtools (last uploaded March, RC bug),  acct (last uploaded Jan, plus
> NMU with maintainer approval in August).
>   Suggestion: ask him to orphan those two too.  :-/

I'll ask.

> Stijn de Bekker <stijn@debian.org>
>   Last upload in March.  phplib has an RC bug.  phplib and elza are
> in NMU versions.  elza has a 246-day-old important bug.  pflogsum loses
> reject messages from newer versions of postfix (reported in July, no
> maintainer comment).

He told me some people were interested in the packages, but I never
got the information out of him who exactly.  I'll just orphan it now.

stijn:
    2002-02-20: NMU by hertzog: phplib
    2003-08-24: NMU by zufus: phplib
    2003-09-12: RC: elza
    2003-10-13: Contact
    2003-10-13: He says some NMs are interested in his packages

> Oliver M. Bolzer <oliver@debian.org>
>   Last uploads in July.  Some packages with RC bugs (tftp-hpa,
> tuxracer) last had maintainer uploads in 2002.
>   Suggestion: Make an effort to wake him up.  If it fails, orphan all
> his packages.

He recently appeared on -devel (after someone hijacked one of his
packages [tftp-hpa]) and said he'll try to maintain the rest again.

> Warren Stramiello <stramiello@debian.org>
>   *One* package (xdrawchem).  Last maintainer upload in May 2001.
> Five consecutive NMUs since then.

Michael Banck is sort of co-maintaining this, so it's okay.

> Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org>
>   Described as a "repeat offender" by Andrew Suffield.  I strongly

Orphaned.

> Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com>
>   I advise orphaning all of his packages.

I threatened him, and he finally uploaded some packages and let me
remove some.

> Chris Ruffin <cmruffin@debian.org>
>   I advise orphaning all of his packages.

Hmm, dunno.