Re: removal of airstrike package from testing ?

Quoting Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi>:
> It works fine for me (finnish keyboard) and the keyboard setup seems
> to document playing the game rather well. It's no nethack..

Does the finish keyboard have numbers with or without shift pressed ? French
keyboards needs to press shift for numbers. The airstrike console is accessible
with a number (2 if I recall), and neither shift+2 nor the keypad function.

And this prevents from accessing the keyboard setup scheme, so no way to guess
the keys we have to use.

> Certainly having an updated airstrike (even whithout sounds) is
> a better solution. I think removal just because of one 16d old
> RC bug is definetly an overkill.

The useability bugs are one thing. I'm more worried with the non-GPL code.
The release in testing is said GPL only because the maintainer said so. And
the sponsor does not seem to have looked at the sources (no GPL mentionned),
nor the lintian result (no man page), nor the package generated (C headers
in the /usr/share/doc/airstrike directory), nor the airstrike website
(5 releases since pre4, dating from october 2002 to november 2003, the pre4
debian package being made on october 2003).

I did not put my bug report for the setup and keys problem RC, I did put it
important, because I thought it did not affect everybody. But the copyright
issue is more important.

Raphael