Re: add debian/watch file to packages

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 01:13:14AM +0100, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> Hi debian-qa!
> having a package upstream up-to-date is important and this is why we have
> debian/watch files used by uupdate.

.snip.

> possible solutions are to mass-filing wishlist bugs

Massfiling bugs is allways dubious.

You could to start by creating checks for linda/lintian
that give warn if debian/watch is missing or doesnt
seem to work. And ignore the missing debian/watch if
the package is a native debian package.

This is a lot less intrusive than massfiling bugs.

--
Riku Voipio  	       |    riku.voipio@iki.fi         |
kirkkonummentie 33     |    +358 40 8476974          --+--